Virtual Group Learning Opportunity for Newer HIV Clinicians
We invite newer HIV Clinicians to apply to participate in this exciting virtual learning opportunity to help you become a more experienced provider of HIV care.
This virtual group learning opportunity, which is supported by educational grants from Gilead Sciences, Merck, Theratechnologies, and ViiV Healthcare, will include a high level of interaction with a small group of newer HIV clinicians and an experienced physician preceptor who has extensive experience working in an outpatient clinic serving people living with HIV (PLWH) from diverse demographic groups.
There will be two cohorts of a maximum of 5 HIV care team members (Physicians, NPs, PAs, and Pharmacists). Each cohort will meet for five, 1.5 hour Zoom meetings over the course of 3 weeks. The first cohort will meet in Oct/Nov 2022 and the second in Nov/Dec 2022.
- Virtual Meeting 1: Meet—Introductions, discussion of interests and review of HIV treatment foundational concepts led by the Preceptor.
- Virtual Meeting 2: Let’s talk about cases—Each preceptee will share a clinical case for the group to discuss.
- Virtual Meeting 3: It takes a team—Each Preceptee will review the strengths and gaps of the HIV care team at their sites, barriers to team care, and discuss strategies for how their teams might work together to improve patient care in their clinical settings.
- Virtual Meeting 4: Assessing Risk and Prevention—group will discuss strategies for taking a sexual history and assessing patients’ risk for acquiring HIV and STIs, testing, counseling, and HIV prevention.
- Virtual Meeting 5: Outstanding Challenges—Preceptees bring their questions/challenges to the Preceptor and the Group for discussion and to brainstorm potential solutions.
Fees and Logistics:
- There are no fees to participate in this learning experience.
- The program will include five, 1.5 hour Zoom meetings offered over the course of several weeks. Every attempt will be made to schedule the virtual meetings at a time that fits the schedules of those selected for the cohort.
- Healthcare professionals accepted to participate will be expected to complete a preliminary assessment of your HIV care knowledge and confidence, watch several ACTHIV webinars online prior to the first meeting (additional CME/CE credit available for each webinar), attend and participate in virtual meetings, complete a final assessment, and participate in a brief follow-up interview about your experience approximately 45 days after completing the virtual preceptorship.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by American Academy of CME, Inc. and ACTHIV Institute. American Academy of CME, Inc. is Jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Academy of CME, Inc., designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse Practitioners and Nurses:
American Academy of CME, Inc., designates this educational activity for 7.5 ANCC contact hours.
California: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16993 for 7.5 contact hours.
American Academy of CME, Inc. has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 7.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
This activity provides 7.5 ACPE contact hours (0.75 CEUs) of continuing education credit.
Who Should Apply:
ACTHIV Virtual Clinical Preceptorships are for clinicians who are new to HIV care who wish to have an educational experience focused on providing HIV care in an outpatient setting.
Click Here to see what past participants had to say about the experience
To apply for one of the limited number of Virtual Preceptorship slots available, click here.
Deadline to Apply Is
Friday, September 23, 2022