Case Studies in Managing Metabolic Issues in People with HIV: A STEP-HIV Initiative
Release Date: October 13, 2021
Support for this activity has been made possible through educational grants from Gilead Sciences and ViiV Healthcare.
Instructions on How to Receive Certificate of Credit/Participation
- There are no fees to participate in the activity.
- Participants must view the activity description, including disclosures, and watch the video.
- At the conclusion of the program, go to: https://form.jotform.com/AcademyCME/21AC16W1
- Your certificate will be emailed to you within 24 hours
- If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] for assistance.
Inexpensive and Easy HIV Team Interventions for Modifiable CVD Risks:
- Share free resources such as YouTube channels for beginner yoga programs and exercise apps for mobile phones
- Teach patients who desire weight loss calorie counting and how to read food labels
- Help patients set up their step counters or smart watch to track activity and set goals for increasing minutes per week
- Refer to structured smoking cessation programs such as your state’s free “Quitline”
- Refer to Registered Dietitian (if available) for meal planning sessions and weight loss programs
- Encourage friendly competition among the clinical teams based on patient progress toward healthy goals and reward patients with low-cost gifts or “swag”