- Release Date: September 30, 2019
- Expiration Date: October 29, 2019
- Estimated Time to Participate: 1.5 hours
Support for this activity has been made possible through an educational grant from Gilead Sciences and ViiV Healthcare.
How to be an Active Participant and Earn CE Credit
- There are no fees to participate in the activity.
- Participants must review the activity information including the learning objectives and disclosure statements, and then register to participate. You will need to set up a user ID in order to post comments.
- Learners must review the blog and post a comment/question AT LEAST 1 time per week (4 posts total).
- All learners who complete the above requirements will receive a link to a brief evaluation at the conclusion of the activity.
- For pharmacists, a statement of credit will be issued through CPE Monitor within 2-3 weeks of completing the evaluation. Only learners who provided valid NABP e-Profile ID numbers and month and day of birth (MMDD) will be submitted to CPE Monitor for official record of credit.
- All other healthcare professionals will receive their statement of credit via email within 24 hours of completing the evaluation.
Members of the HIV care team, including IDs, PCPs, NPs, PAs, RNs, RPh/PharmDs—particularly those who are in the newer to caring for people living with HIV.
After participating in the activity, learners should be better able to:
Accreditation and Credit Designation
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by American Academy of CME, Inc. and ACTHIV Institute. American Academy of CME, Inc. is Jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
American Academy of CME, Inc., designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1,5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurse Practitioners and Nurses
American Academy of CME, Inc., designates this educational activity for 1.5 ANCC contact hours.
California: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP16993 for 1.5 contact hours.
This activity provides 1.5 ACPE contact hours (0.15 CEUs) of continuing education credit. Universal Activity Number JA4008191-9999-19-006-H02-P, Application
American Academy of CME, Inc. has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.5 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid until October 29, 2019. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Disclosure Statement: According to the disclosure policy of the Academy, all faculty, planning committee members, editors, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control content are required to disclose any relevant relationships with any commercial interests related to this activity. The existence of these interests or relationships is not viewed as implying bias or decreasing the value of the presentation. All educational materials are reviewed for fair balance, scientific objectivity and levels of evidence. Disclosures are as follows:
- Eileen Donaghy, MSN, CRNP has no relevant relationships to disclose.
- Jason Schafer, PharmD, discloses the following relationships: Advisory Board for Scientific Information: Merck; Grant/Research Support: Merck. ViiV Healthcare.
- William Short, MD discloses the following relationships: Advisory Board for Scientific Information: ViiV Healthcare; Promotional Speakers Bureau: Janssen, ViiV Healthcare.
- John JD Juchniewicz, MCIS, CHCP, and Natalie Kirkwood, RN, BSN, JD, Lead Nurse Planner, have no relevant relationships to disclose.
This activity may contain discussion of off-label or investigational information.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty and the participants, and do not represent those of the Academy or ACTHIV Institute. This activity is intended as a supplement to existing knowledge, published information, and practice guidelines. Learners should appraise the information presented critically, and draw conclusions only after careful consideration of all available scientific information.
Hardware/Software Requirements: This program should be viewed using current versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari. A high-speed Internet connection is recommended.
Contact: For any questions, please contact: [email protected]
Copyright: © 2019. This CE-certified activity is held as copyrighted © by American Academy of CME and ACTHIV Institute. Through this notice, the Academy and ACTHIV grant permission of its use for educational purposes only. These materials may not be used, in whole or in part, for any commercial purposes without prior permission in writing from the copyright owner(s).